Click on the below images for more information:
This prosthetic hand was designed by Thomas Openshaw around 1916 while working as a surgeon for Queen Mary’s Hospital. Two fingers of the wooden hand are reinforced with metal hooks to help with daily tasks.
WWI: drawing of Royal Army Medical Corps, by F. Matania
Specimens of Men in Each of the Four Grades
The Royal Pavilion